Journey from a Managed Services provider to a Value Driven Federated Development Vendor Partner
Through this paper I intend to share experiences of an IT outsourcing vendor by partnering with its customer in its Agile transformation journey to achieve following:
- Increased focus on the end to end business process rather than platform specific development.
- Transformation of the delivery structure to increase transparency, improve business alignment, time to market and efficiency.
- Realignment of the program to focus on business goals spanning across horizontal teams rather than limiting the focus on horizontal platforms.
- Uncovering the dependencies early across platforms to minimize them and achieve highly focused vertical teams. I intend to share the changes that the vendor partner underwent to achieve above.
Outline/structure of the Session
1. Brief background of the then operating model.
2. Trigger to move to Agile transformation.
3. The approach to laying out the roadmap considering various challenges across People, Process and Technology
4. Moving from component based platform teams to federated teams across platform for the desired business process outcome.
6. Challenges across the journey and recommendation
7. Current state of operating model after reasonable transformation journey and achieving a state of maturity
I intend to share how the outsourcing vendor partner adopted to the changes in collaboration with customer to achieve the desired agility in the overall execution model, continuously improve over it and make the team sustainable:-
Realigning the teams from a platform delivery approach to a vertical federated structure.
- Centralized program governance across the platform. This creates focus on business intent and value derived rather than focus on individual component teams.
- Synchronization of Agile adoption across geographies and culture
- Synchronization of business knowledge across core and satellite locations by increasing presence/availability of Product owners/Business
- Investment and tools and infrastructure to a.Enable seamless communication across locations b.Strengthening continuous delivery in collaboration across distributed teams
- Empowering the teams through: a.Effective onboarding process b.Trainings (Process, Technology & Behavioral) c.Improving team moral
- Efficient and effective engineering rigor across.
Transformation Leads, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Coaches
schedule Submitted 3 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Enterprise Agile Adoption: An Organizational Change Management Journey.Zaheerabbas Contractor
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
We represent the Agile Center of Excellence at our Organization and are chartered to drive the change management initiative to imbibe Agile adoption across the enterprise.
We plan to share our experience on the Organization Change Management initiative that we took up to drive Agility across the organization. Our journey towards the derived vision and strategy to increase Agility in the system to thereby achieve:
- Nimble simplified processes.
- Ability to respond faster to change.
- And most critical: delivering increased customer value.
This is a continuous improvement journey and we initiated:
- Structured multilevel communications of CHANGE to the teams.
- Learning + Unlearning: Structured Training and Development plans (Behavioral and Technical).
- Bringing in Gamification as a tool to get millennial team members to learn quicker.
- Approach to move from “Pyramid” to “Hour Glass” structure to align with the flat team structure.
- Pilot: Career Development Framework Aligned to Agile structure and roles.
- Bringing in change of G&O to align with Agile delivery
- Enabling Talent Fulfilment to align to the Agile roles and structure
- Pilot: Performance change management- Holistic approach to drive appropriate behavior
- Brining in systemic changes to ease Agile adoption