Enterprise Agility a myth
A typical CIO of a large IT enterprise handle 4000 Applications of all types like Custom applications, Packaged Application, Legacy products etc.. Most of these applications are build using huge and heterogeneous partner ecosystem. Most of these applications are to bring efficiency and effectiveness to internal employees in Marketing, Supply chain, Finance and HR. As natural market dynamics all these business users are in driving a transformation in their business model. This in-turn is creating a big ask for a CIO to be relevant and be responsive.
It is very interesting to note 1/3 of IT budget is not coming to CIO, it is directly going to business... How Agility can help CIOs bring back the confidence of business and be in lime light? Is Agility at Enterprise is possible? How far it is possible? How the typical journey looks like?
This session is going bring point of views of various Enterprise IT transformation assignment which I am part of
Outline/Structure of the Talk
Following will be the structure
- Enterprise IT patterns: 5 minutes
- Stakeholders, influencers, dynamics: 10 minutes
- Key strategies to drive Agility at Enterprise: 10 minutes
- Enterprise DevOps as key liver- 6 tenets : 10 minutes
- Q&A - 10 minutes
Participant will understand
- Complex IT structure of Enterprise
- Key strategies to drive agility
- DevOps as way of working
- What look out for in the transformation journey
CIO, CIO-1, Agile Coach and Consultants working for large Enterprises
schedule Submitted 4 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Anirudh Bhatnagar - Continuous delivery in enterprise - devOps and other challengesAnirudh BhatnagarPrincipal ConsultantXebia IT Architects India Pvt Ltd.
schedule 4 years agoSold Out!
Enterprise customers are very different than the cool startups and small companies.
Sometimes the whole problem statement which build the basis of implementation in one organisation is discarded completely in the other company.
So in this talk we will take up top 5 challenges which we faced in our projects while implementing continuos delivery.
1. We wil talk about devOps landscape.
2. Open Source tools vs Propertery ones.
3. The trust in automation - how did we manage to gain trust of traditional management in automated delivery.
4. The tale of Product Owners - how did we manage to assign the role of product owner in a traditional project management company.
5. And of course, the mindset
All these real project scnerios and how did we solved them will be addressed in this experience report.