Go visual and manage uncertaintyJaume Durany
schedule 10 months agoSold Out!
Uncertainty is there, everywhere, and our goal shouldn’t be to predict the unpredictable but to face its existence and manage it in the best possible way. This talk introduces the use of visuals as a powerful approach to manage uncertainty and face our everyday challenges. Our goal is that everybody leaves the room with visual experiments to spread at work.
We will follow the story of our product development team - their reformation into new delivery teams, their move to greater agility and their delivery of goals - and share the visualisation experiments we ran to help our teams with communication, direction and understanding the big picture.
Some of the main challenges we will be sharing our visual experiments to are:
- lack of alignment, high level picture and roadmap clarity
- sharing an idea, a strategy or a new piece of knowledge
- analysis and communication of results
- process definition and clarification
- uncertainty around product’s progress, deadlines and scope
- Collaboration and facilitation in co-located and remote situations
As we go through each of the challenges we will present the underlying process that has emerged. We will share with the audience a set of steps that can be easily applied to improve the way we explore the best answer to a problem in order to generate a visual or tangible outcome.