From Traditional Performance Management to Iterative Performance Flow
Traditional Performance Management systems are in deep crises. Their industrial era approach is unable to meet the demands and thinking of 21st century people and organizations.
Join this interactive workshop to discuss how Lean | Agile enterprises can push the reset button and move from an administrative Performance Management process to a successful iterative performance flow.
This is a highly participative open space-style session and we will cover questions like:
– Why is there a need to push the reset button on Performance Management?
– How do we approach goal settings in an agile environment? What is the best balance between collective vs. individual goals? Can you align individual goals with agile thinking?
– Why is there a trend to eliminate employee appraisals? Are 360-feedbacks the new employee appraisals? Can we still promote people without appraisals and less/no hierarchical structure?
– How valid are traditional bonus models or are there better ways for remuneration and acknowledgement?
Outline/structure of the Session
Part I: Check-In [15 min]
– Quick introduction
– Brief overview on the challenges and trends in Performance Management
Part II: Marketplace of Ideas [15 min]
– Invitation to share and suggest discussion points
– Decide on agenda for breakout sessions
Part III: 2 Breakout Sessions [25 min each]
– Team discussions on selected topics
– Present results to the whole group
Part IV: Check-Out [10 min]
– Summary, closing note and Q&A
Participate in this highly interactive workshop to:
– Gain valuable insights into the current challenges and trends in Performance Management.
– Learn about the background and history of traditional approaches.
– Get introduced to different approaches, practices, and ideas.
– Engage in discussions with other professionals and learn from their experiences, stories and ideas.
This session is especially valuable for managers and senior professionals in a leadership role, who are familiar with the challenges associated with traditional Performance Management in an Agile setting.