Automation testing: An endangered species in Agile development
With the increased pace in adoption of agile methodology, testing is now becoming really complex in relation to the not so simple yet sweet demand of every project manager: "Why don’t you automate test cases while you test?"
Having worked and counselled in product giants and more than 5 startups in India, we would like to throw some light on what fits the test automation use case. Is UI automation "the Only way to test efficiently?"
The main issue with startups following Agile is “time crunch.” With multiple deploys a day and a fast paced development cycle, how does one find time to automate the product?
In this session, we will be sharing some methods/tools/techniques which increase the overall test coverage and have worked well in the past for startup culture.
A demo of some simple, useful and robust tools used for API, UI and Performance testing will also be given.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Highlight bad practices of test case automation
- Discuss problems in Agile methodology
- Tips for effective time management
- Demo: Real startup use case solved with tools and techniques
- Increased test coverage
- Better decision making while doing test automation
- Simple code snippets from tools like Postman/SoapUI/Runscope, UI screenshot, Selenium IDE, Charles/Fiddler, Checklists
QA, SDET, Manual Testers, Mobile, Web, Architects, QA Leads, Automation Engineers