Over the past decade, innovative companies, software industry thought leaders and lean/agile pioneers have discovered simpler, sturdier, and more streamlined ways to be agile. These modern approaches share a focus on producing exceptional outcomes and growing an outstanding culture. Today, it makes far more sense to bypass antiquated agility in favor of modern approaches.
Modern agile methods are defined by four guiding principles:
- Make people awesome
- Make safety a prerequisite
- Experiment & learn rapidly
- Deliver value continuously
World famous organizations like Google, Amazon, AirBnB, Etsy and others are living proof of the power of these four principles. However, you don’t need to be a name brand company to leverage modern agile wisdom.
In this talk I’ll explain what I mean by modern agility, share real-world modern agile stories, show how modern agile addresses key risks while targeting results over rituals, and reveal how the 2001 agile manifesto can be updated to reflect modern agile’s four guiding principles.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Learn how to improve team collaboration through Modern Agile's four core principles
- Identify psychological safety hazards and necessary steps to transform teams positively
- What it means to have a just culture
- Build a culture of experimentation and learning and the art of delivering value continuously
- Tips on how to modernize your current processes
Executives, Managers, Developers, Testers, Analysts, Agile Coaches, Technical Leaders, Operations
To ensure a successful keynote we require the following :
- Projector (1024x768 minimum) with HDMI, DVI, VGA capabilities
- Projector screen
- Speakers that connect to laptop. Sound system audible to the whole audience is preferred