The journey towards a learning organization
At Exilesoft we are moving towards building a learning organization. This journey to becomes a learning organization is hard as well as fulfilling. This journey itself has many learning which can be used by many other organizations. In this experience report, I would like to present the journey of Exilesoft to become a learning organization
Exilesoft is a mid-size software development company having its main software development center in Sri Lanka. Learning organization is a term popularize by Peter Senge in his work the MIT.
The five disciplines of the learning organization provides a path to find the true agility in an organization. This makes us, the agile practitioner much more aligned with the concepts of learning organization.
Outline/structure of the Session
Introducing learning organization (5 mins)
- What is a learning organization
- Five disciplines of a learning organization
- Benefits of a learning organization
The journey towards the learning organization (10 mins)
- Why this journey started?
- Approach & learning from the transformation
- Challenges & way forward
Discussion (5 mins)
The main learning outcomes are
- Understanding of the concept of a "Learning Organization" & five disciplines of it
- Why an organization should be transformed to a learning organization
- Approaches to transform an organization to a learning organization
- How can this learning be applied to your organization?
Managers, team leads & any one who is leading in any sense