Scaling agility in a distributed setting
Scaling agile is the talk of the town for sometime now. We are improving the ways & means to scale agile principles & practices day by day. But still scaling agile is no easy task.
The complexity of the question gets further increased when agile teams are geographically distributed. In this case study I would like to draw my experiences of scaling agile practices in 5 different teams in 4 different geographical locations.
The journey started one year back with a need for a coordinated delivery with a tight deadline. Drawing from the initial success, the scaling scaled to whole product development teams
This case study would demonstrate how the agile principles and practices can be scaled in a distributed setting.
Outline/structure of the Session
Introduction to the case-study (5 mins)
- Background & the context of the setting
How did the journey of scaling unleashed (10 mins)
- The way it started
- What changes happened in the middle
- Where it stands today
Conclusion (5 mins)
- Current challenges
The main learning outcomes are
- Understanding the challenges when scaling agile practices in a geographically distributed environment
- The techniques used to overcome those in this case study
- Can those be applied in any organization having the same challenges
Anyone who wants to scale agile practices or is experiencing scaling agile principles