Understanding How Collaboration Improves Productivity
We've all heard how we need to collaborate better, but what does this really mean? What results can I expect to see with better collaboration?
This workshop will demonstrate how productivity increases with greater collaboration and how to create better a more collaborative environment. In the session you will not only have an opportunity to experience this relationship with a relatively simple learning game, but we'll look behind the curtain at the science and how some various behavioral models explain why this relationship exists. We'll then explore some tactics you can use to help teams collaborate better and close with an exploration of what either helps or hinders collaboration and how you can use this information as well as the game with your teams.
If you have an interest in improving productivity of your team or the teams you serve, then this is the session for you.
Culture for Great Team and Results: The Core Protocols
IntermediateYour team can be ten times better.What does that mean? That means your professional team can accomplish 10x more work, do it with 10x more quality, 10x faster, or with 10x less resources. Your family can be 10x happier. Your school can be 10x more effective at helping people learn. Your community group can be 10x better at making life better for the people it serves. Even you yourself can be 10x more effective at getting what you want.In other words, you can be great. Your team can be great.GreatnessCan you say these things about your teams?
The Core Protocols are one way to make teams that have these characteristics.Some of the things you’ll learn:
- My projects are completed effortlessly on schedule and in budget every time.
- Every team I’ve ever been on has shared a vision.
- In meetings, we only ever do what will get results.
- No one blames “management," or anyone else, if they don’t get what they want.
- Everybody shares their best ideas right away.
- Ideas are immediately unanimously approved, improved, or rejected by the team.
- Action on approved ideas begins immediately.
- Conflict is always resolved swiftly and productively.
- Results-oriented behaviors,
- How to enter a state of shared vision with a team and stay there,
- How to create trust on a team
- How to stay rational and healthy
- How to make team decisions effectively, and
- How to move quickly and with high quality towards the team’s goals
Agile Craftsmanship and Technical Excellence, How to Get ThereSteve Ropa
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
In order to pay continuous attention to technical excellence and good design, a Craftsman needs to have a certain set of skills, and to develop those skills over time. We will spend this time discussing a micro-certification approach to identifying and developing these skills. Also how to tell when a craftsman is ready to progress from apprentice to journeyman, or even from journeyman to master.