The Joy of Work - People, Performance and Innovation in Agile
Do you find your work exciting and fulfilling? Is your team rewarded for finding better ways to work? While many organizations have adopted Agile approaches at a project level, few have effectively aligned their HR processes with Agile values, or made finding better ways of working a truly rewarding and exciting proposition for their teams. With a new generation of employees who are interested equally in purpose as in profit, it is imperative that we revisit schemes like the 3600 annual review, and recognize not only their limitations, but also the damage they cause to individual morale and team productivity.
Join Sanjiv to explore the subject of creating a holistic performance management system that not only adheres to Agile principles, but actively promotes individual drive and team innovation. Learn how delink merit pay from feedback, the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation; and how to create a “flow state” on your agile teams to enhance performance and spark innovation.
Outline/structure of the Session
1. Quick review of older/existing performance management policies like 360 degree review, etc
2. Game showing difference between individual and team motivation
3. Introduction of newer models based on timeless Lean work from Deming
4. Introduction of an Agile Performance Management System (APMS) with key policies: Personal A3, Open Vacation, Work Anywhere, etc
5. Industry examples of above practices
6. Closing exercise for attendees to build their own APMS
1. How to replace or augment dated performance management policies with newer exciting employee-friendly ones
2. How companies are adopting employee-friendly policies like open vacation that drive work happiness and increased productivity
3. How these policies are implemented at local companies and also are industry giants like Virgin and Google
4. How to tie these policies into an Agile Performance Management System
5. How to take basics of these policies back to your own company right away
managers, team members, executives