From Project Manager to Scrum Master: What do I do now?!
You’ve been a program or project manager for years and now all of sudden you’ve been asked to be a scrum master on an Agile project. With less of an emphasis on controlling scope, what exactly do you do now? This talk will share and explore various ways for newly minted scrum masters to contribute to the value of their project team by taking you through various scenarios that scrum masters encounter on a daily basis.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Differentiate PM & Scrum Master responsibilities (interactive: audience contributes to list)
- A sprint in the life of a scrum master: Provide real examples of the qualities and practices a scrum master would exhibit throughout a sprint
- Fun Daily Scrum simulation with volunteers from the audience serving as "problematic" personas
- How to read this metrics (burndown, burnup, cumaltive flow)
· How do Project Management and Scrum Master responsibilities differ and how do they relate.
· What does a Scrum Master do during the beginning, middle, and end of a Project
· How do Scrum Masters maximize value delivery and reduce risk
· What metrics do Scrum Masters utilize to drive improvements and forecast delivery
This talk is aimed at project managers serving in the scrum master role for the first time or novice scrum masters. Little to no understanding of Agile is necessary.