I would like to host a series of Lean Coffee collaborative conversations for 10-20 participants per session throughout the day.
What is Lean Coffee?
Lean Coffee is a type of discussion for the people, by the people. Participants gather, build an agenda together, and begin talking. It is sometimes called a structured, but agenda-less meeting.
- We will identify what we want to talk about
- We will vote & discuss
- We will identify key findings/ideas/takeaways
Why do it?
It's a great technique to learn when you want to spark some engaged -- yet casual, collaborative conversations around topics that are of interest to the group. You can use the Lean Coffee format within your department, across departments, as a brainstorming platform or for team retrospectives. There are many different possible applications.
What will we discuss?
The theme of each session could be either undefined and be a real democratic set of agile topics making for truly spontaneous networking/collaborative/experiential learning and participation opportunities...or attendees/conference organizers can help me come up with a set of themes (one per session) in advance.
I hope you will join me,
Outline/structure of the Session
It is quite simple:
- (optional) Select a theme
- Setup a Kanban Board for the discussion
- Identify what you want to talk about
There are multiple learning outcomes for Lean Coffee sessions, including:
- New techniques for engaging team members in productive, efficient discussions
- Experience with Kanban Board basics
- Collaborating and networking with other conference attendees
- Sharing your experiences with others and learning from their experiences
- No two sessions will be exactly alike; so come participate in more than one session to really understand the format and take it back to your organization
Anyone and Everyone
No experience required.