How Did You Do That?!
I will show people how I was able to lead a team as a Scrum Master to develop and release an application in 14 days. I will cover the process, the things that went well, and the things that did not. Also, I will show a technique called target-conditions that will help to create buy-in, alignment, and transparency throughout the organization.
Outline/structure of the Session
- A new team with me as a scrum master doing work they have never done before delivered within 14 days.
- Intro to Scrum
- Roles and pieces
- A day in the life
- Where we focused our attention
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- We spent the time after our release touring leadership explaining how we did this.
- Where Target Conditions would have fit
- What are they
- What it may have looked like
- How to make Target Conditions
- Start with impossible to achieve state or values (Safety, Quality, etc)
- What metrics do we have or need to represent those values?
- How might they look in 20, 10, and 5 years from now?
- What about next year, 6 moths, 3 months, or next month?
- Using them
- Retrospective & Review
- Basics of Scrum
- Focus on Product Owner, Backlog, and the Scrum Master
- Work with the team and leadership to create target conditions
- Make them visible and part of every iteration and conversation
- The basics of Scrum
- Common pitfalls and countermeasures
- What are target-conditions
- How to create them
- How to make use of them within a team and in an organization
Anyone curious about how agile might work for their organization.