Agile in 5 Minutes: Leveling up teams through micro learning
Do you have something useful to teach your team? Are they reluctant to give you more than 5 minutes at a time? You need to try Micro Learning.
Team based workshops and certificate programs are the gold standard for agile learning, but often a lot of content is lost to participants, and the format is not always ideal or practical. Micro Learning is proven to support the application of new skills and techniques on the job through short, highly focused and relevant learning opportunities resulting in better learning. A great tool for coaches, scrum masters, tech leads, and skills specialists to help build high performing agile teams, micro learning can be used to improve learning retention, break down longer training sessions into manageable chunks, and overcome scheduling challenges.
Hear key lessons learned from applying micro learning in an agile enterprise transformation, learn the fundamentals of the technique, and then practice creating and delivering your own micro learning in this hands on workshop. Walk away able to deliver your own micro learning session.
Outline/structure of the Session
This is primarily a hands on workshop with constructivist facilitation (training from the back of the room) supported by a brief deck.
- 0:04 Intro & Warm Up
- 0:08 Micro learning basics
- 0:05 Creating a Lean Learning Agenda
- 0:04 Workshop Breakout 1: Create your training
- 0:05 Workshop Breakout 1: Deliver a session
- 0:05 Workshop Share Out 1: What worked, what didn't
- 0:02 Workshop Breakout 2: Tweak / adjust your session
- 0:05 Workshop Breakout 2: Deliver another session
- 0:07 Q&A / Closing
- Fundamentals of Micro Learning
- How it differs from "chunked" learning
- Best practices for effectiveness
- Where Micro Learning is a good (and bad) fit
- Best practices for linking with Micro Learning and/or longer formats
- One technique to create a Lean Learning Agenda
- Practice creating micro learning sessions
- Practice delivering micro learning sessions
Scrum Masters, coaches, leaders, and anyone else looking to help build skills on a team.