How to Advance Product Management practices and skills in the Organization
Getting the most out of lean agile development practices depends, in part, on the role that product managers play. In this session we will discuss about an approach to advance product management practices and skills in the organization. We will talk about typical challenges faced by the product management community, how to apply design thinking approach to identify specific challenges in your space, product management in a technical environment, a day in a life of a product manager, learning strategy for developing product management skills. We will also discuss strategies for influencing the product management community with in the organization to change specific behaviors and we will conclude by looking at a sample roadmap for product management practice and skills development.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Outline Key takeaways
- Background on advancing product management practices and skills
- Approach to practice and skills development and components
- Challenges faced by product management community
- Using design thinking approach to identify challenges in your space
- Technical product management and specific challenges
- Day in a life of product manager
- Learning Strategy for product management skills development
- Strategies for influencing product management community to shift behaviors
- Sample Roadmap for advancing product management practices and skills
As a change agent, understand how to advance product management practice and skills and apply the same in your space.
Lean agile practitioners and change agents interested in advancing product management practices and skills in the organization; Folks that are interested in pursuing a career in product management