Estimation - When will i get the functionality done and at what Cost
Estimating and Cost with reasonable accuracy that can help organizations in decision-making has been a constant challenge. Various approaches, strategies have been put forth and there has been continuous discussion among the community with evolving ideas. With this context i would like to provide an approach on how can we do estimation/costing by computing a forecasting model of when work gets completed and by how many teams. Discuss approaches on how to get the data that portfolio leaders, Program Managers are looking for which can provide them cost, consistent predictability and not yet compromise on the relative principles of estimation.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Estimation: Time, Cost and Value Delivered
- Basic Relative Estimation concepts in relation to Agile principles.
- Concept of Story Map
- Build a level 1 High level Portfolio Estimation. Use high level Story Mapped as an input to derive the Portfolio estimation.and Work forecast mapping
- Re-estimate for small incremental iterations at Team level and adjust the forecast
- Understand Relative Estimation.
- UNderstand how to build to Portfolio and Team level estimation
- How to derive cost and forecast
Portfolio leaders, Managers, Scrum Masters, Agile coaches
No prerequisite. Some basic Agileprinciples might help