Agile and DevOps adoption through microservices
Microservices create resilient and versatile code that delivers efficient automation and fuels the adoption of agile operations, increasing organizations speed of delivery and ability to scale on-demand. Where monolithic code base architectures rely on a single technical stack and single code bases for critical application and services operations, converting to a microservices architecture enables teams to respond rapidly with reduced risks to their overarching mission and organizational capabilities requirements. Microservices are the secret sauce to accelerate Agile at a large scale. Join Rizwan Tanoli, Director of Software Engineering for Acuity, in this session as he explains the value organizations can achieve by implementing microservices to modularize capabilities, create independent CI/CD pipelines, and ultimately expedite Agile and DevOps adoption.
Outline/Structure of the Lightning Talk
In a short 10-minute Lightning Talk, participants will gain an appreciation for microservices in the Agile paradigm.
- Leveraging large-scale Scrum to scale Agile
- Identifying co-dependent teams
- Colocation planning
- Back to fundamentals
- Improve operational efficiency with reduced risk and faster response time
- Increase the speed to adopt Agile and DevOps
- Optimize allocation of developer resources
- Build resilient and fault-tolerant applications through automation and streamlined processes
Prerequisites for Attendees
Basic Understanding of Agile and DevOps