You build it, You own it!
The days of writing software and throwing it over the proverbial wall to operations and production support teams are over. It’s time we become more accountable and take pride and ownership in what we do, all while having better transparency, more autonomy, and reduced risk (among other things).
Surprised? I didn’t think so.
Plain and simple; you build it, you own it (YBYO)!
Join us as we walk through how we tackled one particular project at Capital One by fusing DevOps and our YBYO principles. As a bank, it is imperative that we take the delivery of working software and resiliency seriously. Be it from our automation testing practices, push button deployment pipelines, and even the monitoring we rely on day in and day out, we’ll share how a technology leader in financial services strives to change banking for good and improve quality within our Agile teams and their applications.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- 00:00-00:05 Introductions - who are we and what do we do?
- 00:05-00:10 What is DevOps and what can it do for me?
- 00:10-00:15 A bit about Capital One and our DevOps journey
- 00:15-00:25 What sparked “You build it, you own it?”
- 00:25-00:30 How has YBYO impacted our development process?
- 00:30-00:35 How has it impacted Capital One’s approach to resiliency?
- 00:35-00:40 Lessons Learned / Summary / Closing
- 00:40-00:45 Q&A
- What is DevOps and what can it do for you?
- Why should you build it AND own it?
- Value proposition of YBYO and its impact.
- What does this mean for Agility?
Agile Practitioners, Developers, DevOps engineers, etc.
Prerequisites for Attendees