Drive to the Cloud: DOT’s Agile Cloud Transformation
Moving to the cloud is perhaps the most popular trend in technology since going agile and arguably just as difficult. What happens when you combine the two?
The US Department of Transportation (DOT) and Enquizit, an Amazon Web Services Premier partner that specializes in cloud transformation services for education, government and not-for-profits, have done just that. Though cloud transformations often take organizations one or more years, cost millions of dollars and involve a series of failures before success, The DOT’s application of agile to their cloud transitions has shaved that time down to less than 6 months.
In this talk, presented by Arnel Rivera (DOT,) and Scott Swanson (Enquizit), you’ll learn how the DOT and Enquizit applied agile to moving to the cloud, including what they’ve changed, how they’ve done it and who’s benefited. You’ll also learn some fundamentals about agile cloud transformations that can help you to do the same.
Outline/Structure of the Case Study
- Mapping a Course for the Department of Transportation – opportunities and challenges (10 minutes)
- “This is the way we do things” – The traditional approach to cloud transformation (5 minutes)
- Enquizit Applies Agile at the DOT – Accelerating cloud transformations (15 minutes)
- Results! How Agile paved a path to success – Outcomes (5 minutes)
- Q&A (10 minutes)
By attending this talk, you will:
- Gain a better understanding of cloud transformations and challenges faced when attempting to move to the cloud
- Learn how to apply agile to your cloud transformations to increase success
- Be able to explain how agile principles applied in the right way can speed a cloud transformation.
Those interested in moving to the cloud the agile way
Prerequisites for Attendees
Basic understanding of agile