Agile Works So Why Do Large Enterprises Fail So Often?Steve Elliott
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
We would all agree that Agile is mainstream, agile is the future and that Agile DOES work. So why then do we see so many failed or moderately successful large scale transformations? The answer is complex but there are many things that can be done to improve your odds of success.
In this talk we will explore 7 proven methods to help you see bottlenecks, clear land mines and drive better results. The seven points we will explore include:
- Methods to scale up collaboration (above the team level) using agile principals
- New methods to scale up estimation by combining standard methods like WSJF, Points, T-Shirts, Team Weeks with Monte Carlo what-if simulations.
- Objectives as work packages
- Value streams in a three tier model with a RACI twist
- Agile Ghantt-ification and other scaled-up visualizations
- The effects of WIP discipline at the portfolio level
- How calculate capitalization regardless of team methods (cycle time, points, hours)