Bootcamp to understand Appium android internals
Appium is a world's most popular open source mobile test automation framework developed using WebDriver protocol and I am fortunate enough to get a chance to contribute to appium-uiautomator2-server and appium-uiautomator2-driver modules.
The goal of the session is to help the Appium community to have a better understanding of Appium and how it works.
In this session, I will be discussing Appium architecture specifically towards its Android modules(UiAutomator2 and Espresso) and how the communication happens between Appium modules.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Introduction to Appium and my journey as an Appium UiAutomatior2 modules contributor ~ 5 mins
- Appium internal modules and how Appium inter-module communication happens ~ 5 mins
- What are JSON Wire protocol and w3c spec ~ 5 mins
- Appium UiAutomator2 server and driver modules ~ 10 mins
- Appium espresso driver module ~ 5 mins
- Code walkthrough ~ 10 mins
- Q&A ~ 5 mins
- Understanding of Appium android e2e workflow right from client to AUT.
- A brief idea on W3C spec(JSON wire protocol).
- Appium UiAutomator 2 server and driver architecture.
- Appium android modules high-level code walkthrough.
Anyone who interested to know how appium android works or interested to contribute
- Exposure to at least one object-oriented programming language.
- A basic idea on what Appium is.