Setting up Jenkins CI Pipeline using Appium tests for Android and iOS
GUI and functional tests determine if the product is working correctly from an end user perspective. With increasing number of automated GUI tests we would want to automate when and where they are executed. Continuous Integration helps in merging code to a centralised repository frequently and find out issues early in development cycle in order to help push quality upstream.
In the talk, you will see examples of how you can setup CI system for Android and IOS native/hybrid apps and how to plugin your Appium tests in the pipeline using Jenkins. We will also talk about the challenges we face while setting it up for Android and IOS applications. We will also talk about how to strengthen your CI pipeline via integrating various tests and Static code analysis tools.
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
- Live demo on how to setup basic CI pipeline for Android and IOS - 10 mins
- Integration of Appium tests that runs on every code push - 10 mins
- Using real devices to run Appium tests in CI pipeline. - 5 mins
- Challenges in setting up Appium with Jenkins. - 10 mins
- What's next ?? Setting up test strategy and reducing CI execution time using device lab infrastructure. - 5 mins
- Q & A - 5 mins
- Setting up CI pipeline for Android and iOS
- Integrating Appium tests in CI using Jenkins
- Insights on various types of checks to integrate in order to strengthen CI pipeline.
- Challenges faced while running Appium tests on CI server and how to overcome them.
- How to make your CI pipeline faster.
Test Engineers , Developers