The 7 Secrets of Highly Effective Retrospectives
- The best way to ensure your retros lead to real change
- The "pledge" everyone on your team must take before participating
- How to know who to include in each retrospective
- The single most important thing you can do to keep your team engaged during the retro
- ...and much, much more!
Outline/structure of the Session
- Brief intro to retrospectives to ensure everyone is on the same page
- 5 min discussion what not to do (round table discussion that turns into a complaining session)
- Go into detail on the 7 secrets to highly effective retros
- Focus on one action item at a time
- Get everyone to sign the retro prime directive
- and more
Participants will have some new "tricks" up their sleeves to keep their retrospectives interesting, more focused, and more engaging. Additionally, a goal of the talk is to get people thinking more about retrospectives, as they are usually the "odd man out" for a typical scrum team.