Coaching for Commitment: Secrets of Coaches Who Make Change Stick
Managers: Is your company sinking time and money into Agile coaching without seeing the long term results you’re craving?
Coaches: are your teams excited to adopt new practices while working with you, only to slip back into old habits once your attention is elsewhere?
Companies are sinking millions of dollars and countless hours into agile transformation, often with great short-term success. But if the change doesn’t stick with a team over the long term the investment is wasted.
In this workshop, you’ll learn the surprising reasons why most people avoid change, even when it is in their best interest. You’ll also gain tools to expose hidden blocks to adopting new ideas and learn how the best coaches employ neuroscience to make change sticky.
The workshop will include practice sessions so you know exactly how to implement these ideas when you’re back in the office.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Introduction: why change is not hard!
- Why the brain dislikes change, a quick lesson in neuroscience
- The critical role of belief and identity in lasting change
- Three fears you must address for change to stick
- Coaching techniques that excite teams and accelerate change
After this session you will:
- Understand the reasons we cling to old patterns and how to overcome them. (It’s not stubbornness, it's neuroscience!)
- Recognize the subtle signs of change resistance and have tools to promote and accelerate adoption.
- Practice immediately useful strategies for helping teams embrace the experimental nature of Agile.
- Have a specific process for creating success criteria that excites and motivates the team.
Coaches, Scrum Masters, Managers, Business Leaders, Product Owners