3 Keys to Unlock Business Agility - Secrets From the Manifesto Authors
I have interviewed 14 of the 17 Agile Manifesto authors for a special podcast project. Originally the intent was to capture the intent of authors and to chronicle the manifesto story. What emerged was much more. The story of why the event was needed, what the vision was, and what we have ruined in agile we all artifacts of the project. One beautiful outcome was the emergence of 3 themes in all 14 conversations. This talk covers the real story behind the rise and fall of Business Agile in industry and what we can do to reclaim it.
Outline/structure of the Session
- An overview of the manifesto interview project
- An introduction of the Agile Manifesto
- An introduction to the authors
- The three secrets
- Delivery Practices
- Environments of Learning
- The fourth secret - when the 3 others are fostered, you create business agility flow
- How these secrets apply to the enterprise
- Leveraging these secrets to enable enterprise transformation - a case study
Attendees of this talk will learn:
- What can we continue to learn from the authors of the agile manifesto
- How can large, regulated, enterprises practice business agility
- How real agility requires full stakeholder engagement to unlock flow
Those seeking a higher degree of impact and outcomes in business agility with all levels of experience.
Have an awareness of the Agile Manifesto, and the basics of typical SDLC. Nice to have knowledge of Lean Product Development, emergence of cloud computing, Lean Startup and/or LeanUX.