At the Heart of Business Agility - People and Interactions at Scale
Individuals and interactions over processes and tools. The Agile Manifesto opens with a strong statement of the importance of people in the world of Agile. As Agile is adopted across an enterprise – it can be easy for the human element to get lost in the processes and tools of the enterprise. Join us for this fast-paced session where we’ll talk about the evolution of business leadership and how empathy – at scale – keeps the focus on people.
Outline/structure of the Session
- [ 2 minutes] Introduction - individuals and interactions over processes and tools – where does business agility fit in?
- [5 minutes] A Quick Overview of the Three Eras of Business Leadership: Era of Execution, Era of Expertise, Era of Empathy
- [3 minutes] What is Empathy?
- [7 minutes] Exercise
- [3 minutes] Wrap up & Call to Action
By the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to –
- Explain how people and interactions are critical to business agility at scale.
- Describe 3 eras of business leadership as they relate to business agility.
- Define empathy and describe how it can be developed and sustained in the context of business agility.
Executives, Decision Makers, Change Agents, Leaders, Agile & Lean Practitioners
A basic understanding of agile would be useful.