Agile People: A radical approach for HR and Managers (That leads to motivated employees)
Corporate cultures, global mindsets, and employee priorities are changing, which means management and human resources departments must also evolve. To ensure teams are well crafted, motivated, and successful, managers and HR professionals must step outside their comfort zone and adapt to younger, newer ways of thinking—they must become Agile.
In Agile People, management consultant Pia-Maria Thoren outlines how managers, human resources professionals, company decision-makers, and employees can adopt the flexible, fluid, customer-focused mindset of modern tech companies to inspire their workers and strengthen their organizations. This conference talk explains both the theories and practical applications behind the Agile framework for HR and leaders, showing how companies can do the following:
- Create a structure and culture for an organization to meet future challenges
- Give management and HR the changed mindset and the tools to facilitate employee drive and performance
- Empower employees to become motivated stakeholders
- Adopt hiring practices that value attitude, behavior, and competence
- Create a passionate, loyal, and accomplished workforce
- No matter the size of a company, it can benefit from an Agile mindset and launch into a future filled with successful leadership and motivated employees
Outline/structure of the Session
5 min about why we need to change our mindset and what's important now.
10 min principles for managers and HR and how to change from a traditional to a more agile mindset (concrete suggestion of how recruitment, competence mgmt and learning, performance management, compensation and benefits and employee survey & engagement needs to be practiced instead of old WoW).
5 min experiences from large and small companies that have consulted me within the topics mentioned above (IKEA, Volvo, TV4, ING, Casumo etc.)
Inspiration, new thoughts and practical advice on what is crucial for every company now and moving forward into an unknown and ever-changing reality.
Anybody who wants to know more about applying agile principles and practices outside of IT, specifically managers and HR-people
There is a book with the same name as the conference title.