The Mindset and Skills of Great Agile Coaching
A Two Day Workshop for Experienced AgilistsCoaching Agile Teams
is a two day class for experienced Agilists who wish to dramatically increase their overall agile coaching skills, including in the areas of Teaching, Mentoring, Facilitation, and Professional Coaching. Further, the class covers basics of team dynamics and team startup/reset. The course is highly interactive and experiential: we have never had anyone complain of being bored! (Note: The 2-day course is part
of a class certification -- ICAgile Professional -- in Agile Coaching accredited by the International Consortium for Agile
within their Agile Facilitation and Coaching
you want to obtain the certification, you must
also take an additional 7-week tele-class, which is not included in the 2-day class price.) The 2-day class counts as 14 SEUs by the Scrum Alliance. If you are intending to receive ICAgile credit at some point, you must attend the entire 2-days.
Who Would Benefit from the Class
- Experienced ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers, Iteration Managers who want a fuller understanding of the complete range of agile coaching skills.
- Agile Coaches who want expand their skill set and gain the ability to break-through previously intractable problems on their teams.
- Agile managers, Product Owners and others wishing to access a broader range of skills in working with their teams.
Additionally, this class is for you if:
- You've had a few experiences as an agile coach and it just doesn't seem to be working for you.
- You are not sure if the agile coach role is really right for you.
- Your job has become routine and your teams just seem to be going through the motions.
- Your teams understand the practices and are doing ok, but not getting the fabulous results you imagined.
- You're are an awesome agile coach who wants additional skills to help you become a Certified Scrum Coach.
- You are spread across many agile teams because your managers think agile coaching is not a full-time job.
This is decidedly not
a beginning agile class, but also not an advanced one. It is an intermediate
course for practitioners with at least 6 months
of hands-on agile experience. You should also be grounded in Agile Fundamentals (IC Agile Certified Professional), a Certified ScrumMaster, or equivalent agile training. The course builds directly on your agile team experience - without this, you and your colleagues will get a less than fulfilling experience. The class prepares you to act as a leader on agile teams and leave with ideas for helping them as soon as you get back.
Outcomes the Class Will Produce
While mastering agile coaching skills will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Understand and utilize the four key Skill Areas and four Knowledge Areas applied by the best agile coaches (ACI's Agile Coaching Competency Framework)
- Practice techniques for deep listening and asking essential, powerful questions.
- Practice the distinction between coaching and mentoring and know when to apply each most successfully.
- Observe a live, professional coaching demo on a situation in the agile context.
- You'll walk away from the course with your personal coaching improvement backlog â€“ a tangible plan you can use to thoughtfully improve your coaching when you're back on the job.
You'll have many new things to try with your teams and you will probably depart with a few provocative ideas to chew on (in fact, maybe wrangle with for a while). All of these outcomes add up to your ability to become the excellent agile coach your teams need.In addition,
- This class satisfies a portion of the Agile Coach part of classroom learning for the IC Agile Facilitation & Coaching track.
- 14 Scrum Alliance SEUs toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) level.
- 14 PMI PDUs.
Coaching Agile Teams is a training experience that covers both the being and the doing of agile coaching. There's a lot to learn, experience and practice! At the end of the course, you will be capable of applying many new tools and techniques, as well as your own mindset changes, to coach agile teams to high performance. As practical as it is provocative, the Coaching Agile Teams course challenges agile coaches to rise to the fullest expression of their role.
- What is Agile Coaching? :: Why is it Important?
- The Being and the Doing of Agile Coaching
- Skills for Coaching Teams, Team Members, Product Owners, Managers, Stakeholders
- Advanced facilitation techniques for team startups
- Basic professional coaching skills and their use
- Coaching Styles and When to Use Them
- Setting the Environment for High Performance Teams
- Team dynamics & health
- Detecting and Solving Problems
- Starting up Great Teams :: Repairing Existing Teams
- Agile Coach Failure, Recovery and Success Modes
- ICAgile Agile Coach learning objectives
- Select ICF Professional Coach Competencies
- ACI's Agile Coaching Competency Model
- Length: Two days
- Hours: 9 am to 5 pm each day with a lunch break.
- Continuing Coaching Education Units: Continuing education units can be obtained for ICAgile (class certification in Agile Coaching), Scrum Alliance (14 SEUs), and Project Management Institute (14 SEUs).
Agile Coaching Institute
location_on United States
Since 2004, I have taught Scrum and Agile Coaching to well over a thousand students, coached many agile teams, and served as master coach to scores of apprentice coaches. In both one-on-one settings and small groups, I enjoy a front-row seat as remarkable agile coaches emerge and go on to entice the very best from the teams and organizations they coach. Prior to agile, I had more than fifteen years of expertise leading project teams and groups of project managers (I was even a PMO Director — twice!), yet nothing prepared me for the power of agile done simply and well.
I believe that agile is more than an alternate project management methodology and I am passionate about deepening the roles in agile – specifically agile coach and agile manager – to help agile move into its fullest expression.
I hold an alphabet soup of certifications: Certified Scrum Coach (CSC), Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB) and Organization and Relationship Systems Certified Coach (ORSCC). I am also a trained Co-Active Coach and Leader.
In 2010, I authored Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition.
Rs. 61000 Per Person
Feb 27, 9:00 AM - Feb 28, 5:00 PM
2 Days Workshop