Serverless Application Development using Azure Functions
Serverless computing is a cloud computing execution model in which the cloud provider dynamically manages the allocation of machine resources. Typically, applications consist of stateless custom code that's run in ephemeral containers (Function as a Service or "FaaS"), which be spun up on demand. As a result of it, serverless applications tend to be highly scalable.
The objective of the talk is to show how to build and deploy elastic-scale applications serverless applications. The code examples for the talk are in C# and using Azure Functions.
Azure Functions is Serverless offering by Microsoft and is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in Azure or third-party service as well as on-premises systems.
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
- Understanding Serverless Architecture
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure
- Building Serverless application in C# using Azure Functions
- Configuring Endpoints, Triggers, Bindings, and Scheduling
- Testing & Deploying Functions
- Securing Your Application
- Understanding Serverless model of Computation
- Learn how to develop Applications using the model
Software engineers, technical leaders, architects and anyone interested in serverless architecture
Prerequisites for Attendees
- Knowledge about Cloud Computing but no familiarity with Windows Azure is required
- Knowledge of mainstream OOP language like Java/C#/C++