'Welcoming scope changes' in Agile based projects
As per Agile Principle #2, changes are welcome late in the development.
How late in the development can we welcome these changes? How does this impact the committed scope, schedule, cost & quality. How do we manage scope when requirements are refined continuously? How do we manage the scope when epics are open-ended ?
Agile Principle #5 mentions about building projects around motivated individuals & Agile Principle #8 mentions about sustainable development.
How do we keep up the team's morale and deliver a top notch software? How do we ensure that the changes do not impact their work-life balance. The key is to ensure that the changes are introduced at an appropriate time within the life cycle.
So, let's discuss the circumstances where changes are welcome.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Recap of key Agile principles impacting scope
- Striking a balance with other Agile principles inherently impacting scope
- Scope management as per PMBOK
- Scenarios in scope management for Agile based projects
- Identifying and accepting changes
- Ceremonies for scope management
Ways to manage scope changes in Agile based projects.
Product Owners, Scrum Master, Story Authors, Program Managers, Delivery Managers, Delivery Heads
Prerequisites for Attendees
- Should appreciate the applicability of Agile values & principles
- Should understand the execution approach for Agile based projects
- Should understand how fixed priced engagements are planned & tracked