Can Agile Help Sales Teams?
Earn More, Sell More, with Agile in Sales
Sales is the lifeblood of every organisation. So why is it treated as an afterthought? If Agile can help IT teams, to be more effective, customer-centric, and enjoyable places to work, can it help sales teams to be the same?
The answer is Yes.
This presentation will show that when IT, Sales and Marketing departments collaborate, adopt and embrace agile, the whole company becomes much more profitable. In some cases, increasing company profits 3 to 4 times. Marina will share her insights, experiences and practical guidance for organisational leaders, sales teams and business teams.
Throughout this talk, Marina will tell the story of a major holding company in Russia. This company primarily produced construction tiles and, at the time, was only meeting 43% of its sales targets. Management knew something had to change, and so made the bold decision to introduce agile simultaneously in IT, and Sales and Marketing. This was such a success that all the top managers started using Scrum to run the business successfully.
Now, just two years later, the holding has transformed the tile production and sales market, introduced dozens of innovations and have been able to triple their profit, hitting 127% of the annual target and even acquired one of its competitors.
In the end, you’ll learn that Agile is much more than just a way to increase profits. It’s a whole new way of thinking. Now when you visit this holding, you will see a corporate culture based on trust and transparency. Where company values truly matter, not only to the top management but also to the regular staff.
Outline/Structure of the Case Study
- Why Agile in Sales? To earn more! This answer was given by a team who, in 12 months, tripled sales and earned an extra $1.3mln
- Seven Steps to Building Agile Sales
- Scaling. Launching Agile Culture across the whole company
- Barriers to overcome during the Agile transformation
- Sharing my personal experience
- Agile transformation in the attitude to corporate values
- Why Do You Need Agile
- How to implement Agile in Sales
- Seven steps that will lead to a tripling of Sales, thanks to using Agile
- Overcoming the obstacles you may face in the process