Improv unscripted - Happy hours starts NOW!
Let's get onto a journey
From "No" /"Yes, but" to "Yes, and"!
Improv is the act of working together to build something new from a bunch of quickly generated ideas, disposing quickly that don’t work and building on the things that do along the way. The more an improv team works together, the more they trust each other, and the better they know each other’s’ strengths and how to use them. Isn’t it Agile Teams also all about?
Make other people look good. This will make you look better, too. Let's experience this through fun games!
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
Improv - Introduction (3-5 minutes)
Four rules of Improv:
- Say Yes
- Yes, And
- Make Statements
- No Mistakes, Only Opportunities
Form teams of 5-6 people (3 minutes). Play and spread laughter’s around!!
Most of the games are played standing so it’s opt-in for participants. They can participate in as many games they want to.
Some of the games participants would experience are. Each game would be followed by 1-2 minutes debrief on how it relates with Agile team and how they can be used (Debrief time not included in activity time):
- Speed Dating…ah Speed Meeting (5 minutes)
- Mirroring (5 minutes)
- Yes Lets (5 minutes)
- Count to 20 as a Team (5 minutes)
- One word at a time story (5 minutes)
- Conducted Story - Are you (really!) paying attention? (6 minutes)
- 7 Things (5 minutes)
- Change (6 minutes)
- Freeze (5 minutes)
- Blind Freeze (6 minutes)
- Reporter (6 minutes)
- Flock Dance (5 minutes)
I explain each warm-up game and then each team plays it. We inspect and adapt on number of games we play. We always end our session with Flock Dance which is high energy game demonstrating leadership skills in group dynamics.
Overall Debrief (3-5 minutes): Check with audience on how they felt playing Improv games? Share tips on how these can be used with Agile teams.
Share some of the benefits that Improv brings:
- Acceptance of failure
- Starting every conversation on a positive note
- and Think fast! to name a few.
Questions (~5 minutes)
All participants leave with a smile!!
As a result of attending this session, participants will have…
- Ability to express themselves more creatively and coherently.
- Greater awareness of how emotional intelligence impacts group dynamics.
- Gained knowledge through Improv exercises about active learning and how it impacts communication.
- Tools to integrate their experiences into their own development process
- Above all, have fun to add fuel in life!
Unleash the power of using "yes, and"?
To preserve our precious time and energy, we often default to 'no,' yet this only closes the door to our growth, while a 'yes' opens a world of possibilities.
The secret is adding 'yes, and' to our lives. This easiest of the phrase opens the doors to better collaboration and positive relationships and invites self-sustaining opportunities into our world. 'Yes, and' helps you get from where you are, as an individual or organization, to where you want to be.
Anyone who likes to laugh
Prerequisites for Attendees
Nothing in particular