Ravi will be presenting the following session
Ravi Hari - Chaos Engineering in KubernetesRavi HariStaff Software EngineerIntuit
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
Chaos Engineering is the discipline of experimenting in a distributed system to identify the weakness in the Architecture and Design of a system which helps in building the resiliency to attain High Availability. Kubernetes being a de facto standard for container deployments and orchestration the applications running on Kubernetes platform should be highly available and resilient to failures.
In this talk will walk through a real-time use case of how we encountered an issue with Kubernetes platform that impacted applications running on it and we built resiliency for it. With Nodes and Pods being ephemeral in Kubernetes there are high chances for application users/clients to get network connection errors, such as 5xx in case of HTTP requests, when a node restarts or a pod gets terminated and how we resolved it.
There are many tools available that create chaos in Kubernetes. This talk covers about the need to do chaos engineering in Kubernetes based on the use case discussed and how it can be done.
1. What got you started/interested in Agile?
The speakers presented in the past years.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the Agile community today?
I think Chaos Eningeering is the biggest challange today.
3. Tell us about the session(s) you will be presenting at the conference and why did you choose those topics?
I am presenting on Chaos engineering in Kubernetes. Kubernetes is a standard now to run applications on. So it is important to understand how to run applications with Resiliency.
4. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
Understand why Chaos Engineering is important and how to run chaos experiements in Kubernetes
5. Which are your favourite sessions at Agile India this year? (Sessions that you are looking forward to attending)
Managing Modern Serverless Workloads Using Knative & Cloud Run
Measuring the cost and tracking the effectiveness of a high-impact Chaos Engineering program
Shrinking Production Incidents
6. Any personal remarks/message you want to share with the Agile Community?
Looking forward or Agile India 2020