Jakub will be presenting the following session
Jakub Jurkiewicz - Moving from Feedback to FeedforwardJakub JurkiewiczFounderAgile Coaching Lab
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
Join this workshop to discover an alternative to feedback - feedforward!
Feedback is the concept that helps us improve our products, teams, organisations and ourselves. As agilists, we believe we need feedback to inspect and adapt. We give and receive feedback every day. And it doesn’t always go well. As we give and receive feedback, people get defensive. Feelings get hurt. Often, the improvements don’t happen, because the feedback isn’t given in a way that the receiver can embrace.
It turns out there’s a different approach to giving feedback that works a lot better, a way of turning its focus from the past to the future. It’s an idea called “feedforward".
In this workshop, we will learn and practice the concept of feedforward. Join us to explore how feedforward is different from feedback, how it helps us focus on the future, and let go of the past. Learn how to be a better coach, leader and colleague.
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
I studied computer science and has always been interested in more effective ways to develop software solutions to important problems.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
Putting process over people.
3. What do you think are the most exciting developments in software product engineering today?
Shortening feedback loops
4. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
Feedforward is an alternative, and less threatening way to develop people, compared to typical feedback techniques.
5. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
- Understanding the difference between feedback and feedforward
- Exploration of the benefit of feedforward
- Experiencing feedforward
6. Which sessions are you particularly looking forward to attending at Agile India this year?
Linda Rising - How to Talk to the Elephant
Russell Miles - Developing a Culture of Reliability and Resilience through Chaos