Sundaresan will be presenting the following session
Sundaresan Jagadeesan - .tune - Eliminate waste in SW DevelopmentSundaresan JagadeesanDirectorPhilips India Limited
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
We all have heard about (Scaled) Agile transformations and it various flavors. What's next and how do we sustain the momentum and drive continuous improvements.
After a successful Scaled agile transformation in the Organization, we are sustaining the momentum and driving the the 2nd wave of transformation, namely SW Excellence projects. One of the flag ship programs in the SW Excellence Projects is .tune - elimination of waste removal in SW development by deep observtaions
The waste challenge:
We all enjoy being productive and effective in software development but how do we really find and remove the things that slow us down?
To achieve this we need to know
How much waste we have?
Is it going up or down?
What actions can we take to reduce it?
Stimulate a culture of zero waste. Discover, quantify and eliminate waste
Improve productivity, predictability and quality
The Big opportunity - is out there to reduce micro and macro wastes in development! Via Deep observations @ developer desk and enabling productivity aspects, we are able to identify and eliminate greater than 20% in development waste
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
I look for 2 key things in all the work I do...
-what's new and innovative?
-what can we learn and re-use from others (non-duplication).
these things constantly propel me to explore modern sw dev methods
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
Huge legacy systems [ mainly in Medical health systems, where the SW stacks live for 15-20 years and backward compatability and tracing are needed]
Shortening of lead time
3. What do you think are the most exciting developments in software product engineering today?
- Usage of AI and ML
- Data Analytics and Data Science
4. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
We see SW Development wastes [ both Micro and Macro wastes] day in and day out. Simple questions like how can we eliminate them and become more productive and a better sw development engineer motivated me
5. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
- How do we identify and eliminate sw development waste
- simple tips and tricks
- where and how do the organization can move the saved effort ( without headcount reduction)
6. Which sessions are you particularly looking forward to attending at Agile India this year?
Sessions on Productivity
7. Any personal remarks/message you want to share with the software community?
Excited and looking forward to learn from the collective experience of the industry. " when we enable a deliberate practice in the organization, it becomes a culture in the organization" - Lets eliminate waste in SW Development