Talia will be presenting the following session
Angie Doyle / Talia McCune - Discuss-Define-Do: Playing your way to amazing goalsAngie DoyleAgile CoachThink AgileTalia McCuneFounderSketching Master & Sketch My Brand
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
Is your team battling to focus on what matters? Are team members pulling in different directions because they are not aligned on what they need to do? Do you want to adopt a goal-setting technique that can help your team achieve focus, results, alignment, and transparency?
Teams often battle to make the switch from top-down driven goals to a collaborative process. As a result, outcomes land up being too broad, can’t be measured, or are too abstract for the team to know where to start. Let’s take the guesswork out of goals!
In this session, we will talk about how to help teams focus on what really matters. By asking the right questions and encouraging collaboration, teams can clarify their intended outcome, and identify ways to measure their success. You will have an opportunity to play a board game that helps teams refine their goals by covering three themes:
- “Discuss” the impact a specific measurement will have on the team, organization, and customers
- “Define” the best way to track progress towards the goal
- “Do” or take ownership of the actions needed to achieve the goal
Join us as we play our way to amazing goals!
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
I was working in a team that was very inefficient - lots of handoffs, teams were not involved in estimation and it was a very difficult environment. Then I heard about Agile, and I could see the power that a framework like that could have in a team / organisation. So I moved into an Agile role to help teams live the Agile values and principles.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
I think diversity. Diversity of race, age, gender... and also thought. When we bring people together with different perspectives, magic happens. It allows us to come up with better solutions for our customers.
3. What do you think are the most exciting developments in software product engineering today?
I think that Agile knowledge, experience and adoption is increasing globally, which is very exciting!
4. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
I'll be speaking about setting more effective and collaborative team goals. I've seen that many teams battle to set goals. So we've gamified a way to have better conversations as a team, and to set clear goals together.
5. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
I'll be giving the attendees a board game that we developed that they can use in their teams!
6. Which sessions are you particularly looking forward to attending at Agile India this year?
There are so many great speakers, it's hard to pick just one or two!
7. Any personal remarks/message you want to share with the software community?
I'm very excited to be presenting at Agile India again this year. It's one of my favourite conferences. I wish we could all be together in India, but look forward to seeing everyone virtually!