To be successful it takes much more than Agile methods
Many organizations focus all the energy on mechanics of Agile and blindly implement some techniques and practices. Frequently this leads to Agile becoming one of the wastes from Lean thinking.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
1. Brief overview of Agile mindset and principles (3 mins)
2. Examples how Scrum can become an impediment if implemented incorrectly with focus mainly directed on mechanics of Scrum (3 mins)
3. How to make Daily Scrum an value - add activity (3mins)
4. Scrum Master - Servant- Leader or impediment? (8th waste) (2mins)
5. From continuous cycle of non-improvement to continuous learning and improvement (turning no-value add activities into hugely valuable activities in context of Kaizen). (4 mins)
6. Examples of misalignment of goals - how wasteful is it? (2mins)
7. Q&As (3 mins)
-Understanding that Agile is more than tools, techniques and practices
-Changed perspective on how Agile can become an organisational impediment and form of waste if implemented incorrectly (with focus on doing over being Agile)
-Sensitivity and awareness re. value add and no-value add activities in daily Scrum activities (understand why Scrum recommends those practices instead of blindly following the process, which often leads to creating waste)
Scrum Masters, Managers, Technical Leads, Developers
Prerequisites for Attendees
Basic knowledge on Agile practices required.