Being Agile: Agility for Data Professionals
It can be difficult for data professionals to transition into an agile way of thinking and way of working. A big part of the problem is that the Agile Manifesto doesn’t address the enterprise issues that data professionals deal with on a daily basis.
The Agile Data (AD) method extends the Agile Manifesto. First, it puts the agile mindset into terms familiar to data professionals. Second, it extends the manifesto with philosophies that address the key concerns surrounding enterprise data. In this session Scott Ambler overviews how to bring agile ways of thinking to the data world.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Why are data professionals struggling with agile?
- Explaining the agile mindset to data professionals
- The agile data mindset: 6 philosophies
- Understand how data is different than software
- Discover how to communicate agile ways of thinking to data professionals
- Learn how to extend the Agile Manifesto to address data concerns
Data professionals, People working with data
Prerequisites for Attendees
Knowledge of the agile manifesto
The Agile Data site is a great resource to discover how to apply agile strategies on data-oriented initiatives.