Christina will be presenting the following session
Christina Lovelock - Retrospect Yourself!Christina LovelockBusiness Analysis Leader & AuthorCatch22 Consulting
schedule 11 months agoSold Out!
This session will provide the opportunity to apply simple yet powerful techniques using pen and paper as they are discussed!
With communication and collaboration being key to project delivery and organisational success, how we behave as agile delivery professionals is more important than ever. Every role within a team has two sides, what we do and how we do it. We must master both of these to become truly successful. Self-awareness is critical to becoming great at what we do, but what is it and how do we improve it? In this session we will look at the common behaviour traps we can fall into and discover visual retrospective tools that will facilitate self-reflection and improve self-awareness.
The purpose and power of retrospectives.
Retrospective and reflection techniques which can be used to increase self-awareness.
Become a great agile professional by focusing on your behaviours
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
My first role in tech was a support desk role, and quickly moved into project delivery and system implementation.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
The large number of different roles can impose unnecessary boundaries
3. What do you think are the most exciting developments in software product engineering today?
Its great that the focus is now on organisational change and business effectiveness rather than just software. Software is an enabler - a means to an end, and we sometimes loose sight of this!
4. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
I will be talking about the need to "retrospect ourselves!" - using a number of useful retro techniques to provide time for personal reflection, and allow us to become the most effective professional we can be.
5. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
Attendees will lean about the purpose and power of retrospectives, an opportunity to try different reflection techniques which can be used to increase self-awareness.
6. Which sessions are you particularly looking forward to attending at Agile India this year?
I need to make time to really look at the programme, but the key notes look great.