Gautam will be presenting the following session
Gautam Rege - De-mystifying Operational Efficiency for StartupsGautam RegeDirectorJosh Software Pvt. Ltd.
schedule 11 months agoSold Out!
As a startup scales (whether it's a product or a service company), operational efficiency plays the crucial role! It could be the defining point between a drop, plateau, linear or exponential growth.
Much to chagrin of most founders, funding doesn't help in scaling operations, the operational efficiency does! Money helps but only if it's deployed for strategic growth! This talk is about scale of an enterprise
Operational efficiency is divided into 3 parts: Operations, MIS and Finance! Different tools & processes, security paradigms can make or break your company as it scales to 30, 300 and even 3000 people.
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
There is no other way. We have to be iterative in nature and learn to adopt changes, mistakes in requirements or process. Collaboration tools which promote this iterative method is the only way to make a product successful.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
Product management ensures that product requirements are translated properly into engineering requirements for development. Understanding both sides and mitigating gaps is probably the biggest challenge for product management.
3. What do you think are the most exciting developments in software product engineering today?
Collaboration. Low code or new code solutions, quicker wireframing software and flows make product engineering easy and understandable to consumers and engineers.
4. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
My topic about operational efficiency is important for any product manager, entrepreneur, business decision makers and sometimes even engineers. Scaling a startup is important and understanding operational efficiency helps us get on the right track.
5. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
Processes and not money is what helps a company scale. Understanding operational efficiency in a company helps build a better product or offer a better service.
6. Which sessions are you particularly looking forward to attending at Agile India this year?
Sessions around experiences of engineers, product managers and business owners is of particular interest to me.
7. Any personal remarks/message you want to share with the software community?
in the past few years, we have seen a growth of a new way of working. The only way things are going to improve if you are going to be efficient. Tools and processes that help enable this efficiency is going to be a key success going forward.