Matt will be presenting the following session
Matt Turner - Cloud-Native Progressive DeliveryMatt TurnerSoftware EngineerTetrate
schedule 11 months agoSold Out!
Do you want to make your releases safer, faster, and less effort? Lots of us now have microservices, kubernetes, maybe even a service mesh. So why are released still banned on fridays? Why is it so hard even know what version is running in production?
In this practical talk, Matt will talk through progressive delivery. This is an approach, and a set of tools, which give us automated, safe, observable deployments and releases.
There’ll be a lot of demos, during which we’ll see:
- Canary deployments and automated rollbacks
- The separation of Deployment and Release
- Traffic mirroring, comparison of results between versions, and other neat network tricks in Kubernetes
And lots more!
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
I started programming in BASIC when I was 8 years old. I got started in *modern* software development by thinking there must be something better!
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
Understanding what infrastructure can do, and what should be done by the infrastructure vs application code
3. What do you think are the most exciting developments in software product engineering today?
We're finally getting some awesome new lanugages, like Rust.
4. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
I think that more efficient and safe deployments and releases are key to iterating fast and delivering value safely.
5. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
If you separate you Deployments from Releases, you can move faster and safer.
6. Which sessions are you particularly looking forward to attending at Agile India this year?
I'd like to learn about the Bootcamp method and 6-week product cycle.