Monika will be presenting the following session
Monika Sharma - Don't Let Your Docker Sink!Monika SharmaSenior ConsultantThoughtWorks
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
What if the testing scope changed from usual UI or API testing? Instead, the testing scope gets diverted to the testing of docker artifacts like base images (let's say python, node) used in the Dev or QA community. What can be the overall possible quality gates for this ecosystem?
And the most important question is, why the testing scope needs to be changed? Isn't it testing UI or API alone sufficient? 'Not Always'. The exact answer lies in the kind of architecture/ecosystem projects have. But certainly, there are threats that can be avoided at the earlier stage by asserting quality gates, examples:
- Vulnerability Issues
- Performance Issues
- Infrastructure Configuration Related Issues and many more.
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
When I joined ThoughtWorks in 2019, I find that there is not even a single person who doesn't understand what the agile process is. Every team member within a project opts for unsaid responsibilities which I feel is very difficult to see anywhere. This much clarity in software development methods.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
I feel that there are two most important factors :
- Takeout time after daily deliveries to learn something new or to upskill themselves upto what market demands.
- From where they should start?
3. What do you think are the most exciting developments in software product engineering today?
I want to learn Blockchain development and web3 coach.
4. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
I have worked on this topic for about a year. I want to spread the research which I have done for this and provide everyone with the resources that I have gathered as well as talk about the rarest scenario which I have encountered while in project engineering.
5. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
- When the ecosystem for testing is challenging, then do research. There is not even a single system which doesnt need testing!
- How to think from 360 degrees when it comes to quality?
6. Any personal remarks/message you want to share with the software community?
I am very excited to be a speaker in Agile India. This is the most exciting opportunity that crossed my way in 2022.