Nadezhda will be presenting the following session
Nadezhda Belousova / Anjali D leon - Six Stances of Product LeadershipNadezhda BelousovaStrategic Advisor, Enterprise Business Agility StrategistEvolneo GmbHAnjali D leonAgility Coach, Educator and AdvisorPPL Coach
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
Product Leadership is an organizational capability that inhabitsmany facets and dimensions of work. At times one can get overwhelmed by the dynamic complexity of the associated roles’ expectations. No wonder that those who are simultaneously able to…
- maximize business value
- effectively and creatively navigate the ever-changing landscape of product insights
- cultivate generative customer-centric relationships
- strategically mobilize teams towards an inspiring vision
- stay grounded in data-driven decisions to support systemic change
…can truly be seen as the unicorns of the modern product/service world!
How can we bring more clarity into the variety of perspectives pulling product leaders in multiple directions? How can we be more deliberate in developing the required skills and competencies to ensure product leadership success?
In their workshop Anjali and Nadezhda will uncover and explore 6 Stances of Product Leadership to help make sense of the inherent complexity in product management. Join us to take a close up look at the characteristics and focus areas of product leadership through the distinct set of lenses, appreciate the natural synergies and tensions between them, and reflect on how you may use the stances’ vantage points to guide your professional growth.
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
Having a degree in psychology, I have always been interested in human-centric approaches fostering self-awareness, enabling deeper connections and supporting complex problem solving. So I guess it’s only natural that I was attracted to agile ways of working because it all makes sense to me.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
With every business becoming more digital, and solidifying and expanding its online presence, I think the biggest challenges faced by the software product engineering community nowadays are rooted in accessibility and ethical standards, and are related to companies spending valuable time, efforts and energy on developing products and services that don’t introduce real improvements into people’s lives.
3. What do you think are the most exciting developments in software product engineering today?
AI is a very exciting (and scary!) topic in software product engineering because of the impact it may have on the mankind - either helping us to expedite the biggest breakthroughs or instilling biases and promoting exclusion.
I’m also particularly excited by the developments in climate tech, bio tech and health tech - all in the service of more sustainable and resourceful future.
4. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
Together with Anjali Leon, I have developed Product Leadership Stances as a meta-model to help make sense of the inherent complexities of product management. We believe that by creatively applying six distinct lenses and connecting the dots between seemingly contradicting aspects, product leaders can elevate their game.
In sharing this model with the wider community, we hope it will grow more impactful product leaders inspired to create holistic value.
5. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
- There are (at least) six distinct stances required for effective product leadership.
- Each stance is a specific lens that has its unique superpowers and areas of focus.
- The stances can amplify each other’s impact through synergies.
- The stances also experience generative tensions and paradoxes, known as polarities.
- For impactful product leadership it is necessary to consciously attend to all six stances.
6. Which sessions are you particularly looking forward to attending at Agile India this year?
- Jeff Gothelf - Outcome-based Product Planning (https://2022.agileindia.org/speaker/jeff-gothelf/)
- Evan Leybourn - The Shape of Agility (https://2022.agileindia.org/speaker/evan-leybourn/)
- Shane Hastie - Workshop: Agile Coaching Ethics – Making them real (https://2022.agileindia.org/speaker/shane-hastie/)
- Paige Watson - Fluid Scaling Technology: When you want to go FAST! (https://2022.agileindia.org/speaker/paige-watson/)
- Shripad Agashe - DevOps & Cost of Trust: Looking at devops from an economist's perspective (https://2022.agileindia.org/speaker/shripad-agashe/)
- … and so many more!
7. Any personal remarks/message you want to share with the software community?
Always seek to understand the intent behind the product/service you are building.