Narayan will be presenting the following session
Narayan Raman - Introducing Test Flow Charts - A Free, No Code Test Automation PlatformNarayan RamanCEOSahi Pro (Tyto Software Pvt. Ltd.)
schedule 8 months agoSold Out!
Test Flow Charts (testflowchart.com) is a free, no code test automation platform for authoring and executing test cases. In this session we will showcase the automation of a real world open source shopping cart application using Test Flow Charts. We will demonstrate flow chart based test authoring and show how Test Flow Charts automatically sets up data, satisfies test preconditions, auto generates data, performs validations and allows data specific testing. If you are a tester or test automation person, you definitely do not want to miss this.
1. What got you started/interested in modern software development methods?
It was a natural extension to my liking for programming.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by the software product engineering community today?
Distinguishing between hype and reality and staying focused on end user/customer problems?
3. Why did you choose the topic(s) you will be speaking about at the conference?
We have been working on Sahi Pro for well over a decade to give reliable test automation. But we found that there are still areas, especially in the test creation process, where the problem could be slotted into patterns and productized further. Test Flow Charts is an attempt at true no code test automation. We just released the product and we feel that the agile community will benefit well from knowing about this simple tool for test automation.
4. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s) at Agile India?
- Understanding common patterns found in functional test automation of UI
- Using Test Flow Charts to build flowcharts to depict functional flows
- Setting up pre-conditions and state which Test Flow Charts automatically solves
- Implementing automation for functional flows
- Setting up data generators
- Performing validations
- Overriding data for specific paths
5. Any personal remarks/message you want to share with the software community?
Happy to be here, and hope you benefit from the talk and from Test Flow Charts.