Supercharge your teams!
Building new scrum teams with driven, smart people can jump start a team’s success, but more often than not, scrum masters “inherit” established teams who may need a kick start.
In this workshop, we will discuss Stephen Covey’s Four Disciplines of Execution and how teams can use them to set and achieve goals. It’s a simple framework that distills the simplicity of the Scrum framework to its most essential parts, and refocuses and re-energizes teams to achieve their full potential.
The disciplines of execution –
- Focusing on a wildly important goal
- Acting on lead measures
- Keeping a compelling scoreboard to engage the team, and
- Creating a cadence of accountability
- can help teams improve and focus on the fundamentals of scrum.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
We will use the 4C model of instruction from Sharon Bowman's "Training from the Back of the Room" to engage the audience. The workshop starts with an overview of the principles and how they relate to scrum, followed by small group discussions on how they can use the principles to help reinvigorate existing scrum teams. The groups then share their findings and discuss. The 4C structure of the workshop is:
- Connection: Connect the audience to the challenges of jump-starting an established team - 5 minutes
- Concept: Present the Four Disciplines of Execution model - 5 mins
- Concrete Practice: Break the workshop into four groups. Each group will work on one of the disciplines, brainstorming ways to connect that discipline with scrum, and with team performance - 20 mins
- Conclusions: Each of the groups will share their findings, and insights into how they can use this model to help reinvigorate their teams - 10
We won't use slides in this workshop; rather, we'll work with workshop participants. Attendees will receive a copy of all content generated during the session.
To teach scrum practitioners how to apply the 4DX model to help jumpstart team performance.
Agile practitioners who are members of or are working with established teams that could use a kick-start; teams that want to refocus their goals.
Prerequisites for Attendees