Improving Success with Distributed Teams
More and more teams these days are distributed. At some point or another in your career you will be working as part of a distributed team. You may also have people on your team that may not have the skills necessary to be able to deliver effectively in a distributed environment. This presentation will give agile practitioners, leaders, and managers an opportunity to to learn some tips on facilitating, serving, guiding, coaching, or being part of a distributed teams. It will give the audience an understanding on the following:
- Current trends
- Agile Values and Principles as they relate to distributed teams
- The key challenges of working in a distributed team
- Techniques of adapting and overcoming some of the challenges in a distributed team.
The objective is to make your job a little easier the next time you work in a distributed environment. You will be able to take away some tips and apply them the very next day.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
1. Current trends.
2. Agile Values as it relates to being distributed
3. Four of the key challenges of being disributed
4. Techniques for overcoming the key challenges of being distributed
The goal is to make your job easier when it comes to working in a distributed environment. By the end of the session, you will understand some of the current trends, have a better awareness of the agile values as they relate to distributed teams, and the associated challenges and techniques to adapting to a distributed environment.
Anyone working on a distributed team - Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers, Business Analyst, Product Owners, Agile Coaches, Managers
I've given this talk numerous times this year:
1. Agile Delaware in June 2014: http://www.meetup.com/Agile-Delaware/events/190784762/
2. Agile Philly in July: http://www.agilephilly.com/events/july-22-downtown?xg_source=activity
3. Internal Capital One Community of Practice meetings