Sudhindra Garre - Building a robust API testing automation framework
What is your experience with designing and building APIs?
I have architected test automation frameworks and integrated the testing with the DevOps operating model to align & provide rapid feedback
While creating API Designs, implementing and / or consuming and testing them, what challenges have you faced / are facing?
- Continuous change in API contracts
- Delay in API development
- Dependency for front end testing
- Dependencies with third party service providers
- Security concerns arising with API architectural changes
What lessons have you learned with regards to designing and testing APIs?
- Using open source tools to create your automation tests automatically
- Build APIs using PACT and use them to mock the backend APIs & emulate against front end
- Use Open API swagger-diff tool to analyze the API definition changes and update the existing tests
- Create mocks to mimic third party responses
- Use security testing with OWASP to anayze the security flaws
What do you plan to learn /explore at this conference?
Discuss the common problems seen by the community during testing of API services and learn any share best practices to the problems faced
How do you plan to contribute?
Share implementations & derive testing strategies integrating different API test types
Call for Papers CLOSED
Ended on Oct 30 '22 11:59 PM IST
In our experience, having participants write a position paper before coming to the conference leads to better discussion because people have thought about what they want from the conference. Last thing we want is to spend half of the conference time figuring out what you want to figure out.
A Position Paper is a simple paragraph which answers the following questions:
- What's your experience with designing and building APIs?
- While creating API Designs, implementing and / or consuming and testing them, what challenges have you faced / are facing?
- What lessons have you learned with regards to designing and testing APIs?
- What do you plan to learn /explore at this conference?
- How do you plan to contribute?
* Note that the above questions are just pointers, you don't have to answer each one point by point.