Nozomi will be presenting the following session
Nozomi Ito - How we use Appium as our product's core libraryNozomi ItoCEOTRIDENT
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
Appium is very useful tool, but that does not mean everyone can use it without any effort.
Users sometimes need to tweak command parameters, and the version upgrade of Appium or dependent platform sometimes causes problems.
As the lead developer of a cloud testing service using Appium as its backend, I have been managing these problems with various measures.
In this session, I introduce especially unique ones of all these measures such as scroll, wait, picker, AI locator, and so on.
1. What got you started/interested in Testing?
My first company did not have an automated test at all, and I and many teammates suffered from a lot of regressions. One day, I merged my fix to the old branch and I skipped my manual test since I thought "this is very simple fix and obviously my merge is no problem". When this fix caused the regression on a customer's environment, I sworn to reform the company's old fashioned testing manner by test automation.
2. What has been your best moment/highlight working with Appium?
One day I encountered a serious Appium problem and I posted the issue to Appium GitHub. It seemed to be the complicated problem but just a few hours later @Kazu_cocoa posted the pull request to fix it!
I always really appreciate Appium committers dedicated efforts and very agile development work.
3. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by Mobile Testers today?
Unstable test automation environment. I think the mobile test automation tools are still less stable than web test automation tools.
We need to conquer this problem. We need to contribute to Appium and its ecosystem!
4. What is your advice to testers, who are new to automation?
Read the book "The Way of the Web Tester".
5. Tell us about the session/s you will be presenting at the conference and why did you choose those topics?
For more than 3 years, I've created the commercial test automation tool using Appium and learned deeply about Appium and have overcome many difficulties. I think this experience is helpful for many audiences and would like to share the information.
Also, we are now tackling with integrating Appium's AI-locator into our system. I think the AI-locator has the great potential but few people has demonstrated how it is really useful and the actual product can utilize this feature. I'd like to introduce my idea, and also make a demonstration if possible.
6. What are some of the key takeaways from your session/s?
- Learning how to use Appium more conveniently.
- Learning how to overcome Appium's instability more aggressively.
7. Which are your favourite sessions at Appium Conf? (Sessions that you are looking forward to attend)
"Appium: The Next Generation" from Jonathan Lipps, the project lead of Appium. This is the first time to see him and attend his session.
8. Any personal message/remarks you want to share with the Testing community in India?
I organized Selenium Conf this April for the first time in Japan and many Japanese attendees said they are very happy to attend such a historical event in Japan.
I think Appium Conf also will be held for the first time in India. This also will be the historical event and very good opportunity for you. If you miss this chance, when will Appium Conf come to India again?
I'm really looking forward to seeing the amazing speakers, committers, and all of you!