Sargis will be presenting the following session
Sargis Sargsyan - Run your Appium tests using Docker AndroidSargis SargsyanDirector, Quality EngineeringPicsart
schedule 3 years agoSold Out!
In this high technology times, it is really hard to catch up with everything. Especially for the mobile world when there are thousands of mobile devices with different modification of the Android OS. Most of us who work in the mobile testing industry familiar with Appium framework for a UI automation and also aware of complicate setup and hard maintenance of it. Using Docker in Android UI automation is making our life much easier. Docker-Android is a docker image built to be used for everything related to Android mobile website or application testing. All the tools needed (devices, framework, Android SDK etc.) are packaged in the image. It is free and open source and supports other features such as video recording.
In this session, we will talk about the advantages and disadvantages of Appium and docker-android will go throw getting started with Docker-Android and run sample tests against it.
1. What got you started/interested in Testing?
When I got my first Quality Engineering job, I had no clear idea what is it. Now, after 10 year I can say what kept me interested in Testing. Quality engineering is challenging, it is always in the improving process, it gives bigger room for implementing big ideas.
2. What has been your best moment/highlight working with Appium?
When I found out that I can measure performance metrics with the help of Appium.
3. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by Mobile Testers today?
The biggest challenge in mobile testing is supporting more than 24000 models of devices with various number of OS versions.
4. What is your advice to testers, who are new to automation?
Try to automate everything that is moving on the screen :)
5. Tell us about the session/s you will be presenting at the conference and why did you choose those topics?
I will present a solution for a in-house infrastructure for running Appium tests. This solution will help you when you are ready to have an Automation suite but the company is not ready to pay for a cloud-hosted mobile automation platform. Using Docker Appium and emulators in the docker conteiners will make your automation process less painful.
6. What are some of the key takeaways from your session/s?
I believe that my talk will help people to create Appium testing infrastructure in a short period of time and will assure the quality of the mobile applications and will help to have smother releases.
7. Which are your favourite sessions at Appium Conf? (Sessions that you are looking forward to attend)
Advanced usage of Appium and Scaling huge amount of test suites
8. Any personal message/remarks you want to share with the Testing community in India?
Anything you do, do in high quality!