Add new commands in Appium 2.0
Appium 2.0 allows you to create custom drivers and plugins. User-defined custom commands are available on them. It means you can add new routes in drivers/plugins as you like and can handle it as Appium commands. Some Appium clients provide a feature to define such custom commands as part of them.
I will explain how to add a custom route as a plugin in Appium. I'll also show the way to add a new command in an Appium client to call the custom route. This talk will show the trick so that you can add it by yourself if needed, in case your client does not have such adding a custom command feature.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Explain about Appium 2.0 and drivers/plugins a bit: in 2-3 min
- Show a way to add a new route as a plugin: in 10 min
- Add a new command to call the route with/without an Appium command: in 5 min
- Learn how to add a new route as a plugin
- Learn how to add a new command in client-side to call the new route with/without appium clients
A person who wants to learn a new feature in Appium 2.0 to customize it for you
Prerequisites for Attendees
No special, but basic Appium knowledge will help. For example, "appium commands" issues HTTP requests from a client to an Appium server.